We have regular social events; the big ones being the Integrating Factor in term 1, and the Maths BBQ/ puzzle trail in term 3, as well as smaller socials such as pub golf throughout the year. We will inform you of these via our Facebook groups and through emails.
Over the years the lecturers here at Warwick have delivered one great lecture after another, sometimes they even find the time to say something funny. WMS presents to you some of the best quotes from our favourite lecturers.
At the bottom of the page you'll find more fun stuff!
Or view this page in alphabetical order.
Got a funny quote? Go to the contact page and let us know!
- "Has anybody got any WD40?" - 1999
- "I don't want to do this with my hands tied behind my back" - 1995
- "This [proof] is your first introduction to the black art of diagram chasing. Next week we'll go to hell and back with diagram chasing, but this is your first introduction." - 2008
- "As an example of Kaczinsky's mistakes, he felt it was somehow acceptable to make a bomb using gunpowder, but it must be in a wooden box." - April 4th, 1996
- "So a martian comes down to earth and asks you 'what is this map?'. You try to explain in terms of some space and he says 'what is this space? I only have tentacles'." - 2005
- "17, I've never seen that number before. It must be a very important number." - 2009
- "I really get descent." - 2009
- "What is this descent condition? I don't get it at all." - 2009
- "He will win the next fields medal." - 2009
- "I cheated. I cheated and you believed me. You believed me." - 2009
- "Quiet please, your life depends on this [whilst talking about Complex Analysis]" - 1995
- "[When discussing the axiom of choice] If I was a set theorist I would have to resign right now and walk out." - 2003
- "Let's forget about real things for a moment." - 1995
A selection of links to other fun bits: