Over the years the lecturers here at Warwick have delivered one great lecture after another, sometimes they even find the time to say something funny. WMS presents to you some of the best quotes from our favourite lecturers.
At the bottom of the page you'll find more fun stuff!
Or view this page in alphabetical order.
Got a funny quote? Go to the contact page and let us know!
- "If you thought Schroder-Bernstein was Gail Porter in tight leather then this [Lagrange's Theorem] is Cameron Diaz in skintight PVC ... anyway this theorem has big consequences ... stop sniggering" - 2000
- "This is a really sexy proof but I don't want to go through it in detail. I'll just give a sketch proof. It's like all sexy things: you don't want to get too involved, you just want to see the picture." - 2001
- "Don't ask me that, we don't want the room to get too hot!" - 2001
- "If you are honest, you will check this is well-defined... but I don't want to see the evidence one way or another!" - 2013
- "For those that might be interested 'double sum' is an anagram of 'submodule'." - 1995
- "What is the first ring you think of if somebody wakes you up in the middle of the night and asks for a ring?" - 1995
- "[Stops lecturing and peers at the floor behind a desk] Wow... Someone seems to have left some gay erotica down here." - 2006
- "Although running into people is a necessary condition for mating, it is not, alas, a sufficient one." - 2009
- "Now I'm going to do something crazy" - 1995
- "It doesn't matter if you make a mistake in the exam, you won't lose marks for it" - 1995
- "I don't expect you to understand this" - 1995
- "Hello? ... who is this? ... this mobile phone was left in L3 at the University of Warwick ..." - 2001
- "Does anyone know how these boards work?" - 2001
- "That j should be a tau ... no, the k should ... oh, I don't know. Let's just start again" - 2001
A selection of links to other fun bits: